Real chicken and chilies often mix while made with other vegetables and served with other dishes. You can make the chicken-based stew spicier and bolder while adding other vegetables.
For the poultry/stew base Edit
- 2 lbs. chicken
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced or minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chillies, cut into small pieces or (4 ¾ tablespoons chilli powder)
- 1 tsp. curry powder, optional
- 2 tsp. salt
To garnish (optional) Edit
- fresh cicely
- 1 cup peas
- chili leaves
- Cut chicken into very small pieces about the size of peas (remove or leave bones as desired). Place in a saucepan and add water and 4 tablespoons oil and bring to a boil.
- Add garlic, salt, green chilies, tomatoes, curry powder (optional), and ginger to taste. Lower heat slightly and boil for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The dish should have some liquid while hot. Serve plain with other other dishes. Garnish with cicely, cilantro, peas, and chili leaves, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.