Makes 8 servings
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Combine mangos, sugar, red wine, vinegar, green pepper, ginger and cloves in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine rice, celery, lemon juice, onions, orange peel, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- To serve, spoon ½ cup rice salad onto serving plate.
- Top each serving with 2 tablespoons chutney.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.