- 2½ or 3 lbs of small or medium sized pig's feet, scrubbed clean and split
- 2 medium sized onions, peeled
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 3 cloves of peeled whole garlic
- 2 tsp of good Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of mixed spice
- Put pigs feet into 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil.
- Throw away water.
- Wash off feet in cold water.
- Add another 2 quarts of cold water and the onions, carrots, garlic, paprika, salt and mixed spice.
- Cook for about 3 hours or until feet become tender.
- Keep skimming the water to keep the broth clear.
- Put feet into a serving dish that will fit into the refrigerator.
- Strain the broth and then pour over the feet, and chill.
- Sprinkle with some paprika.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.