- 3 lbs / 1,5 kg pork feet and/or head
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 - 4 juniper berries
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- Wash and clean the feet and/or head. If hairy, singe. Split the feet in two lengthwise and break the head with the mallet.
- Place in a large pot and cover with water so that there are 3 - 4 inches of water above the pork pieces. Boil over slow to medium heat. Remove the foam as it forms. Then add salt, vegetables, bay leaves and juniper berries.
- Cover the pot almost completely. Boil until the meat falls off the bones. Remove the bones and place the meat on the bottom of one or several deep plates.
- Chop the garlic, add some salt and mix with the meat broth. Strain and then pour on top of the meat in plates. Refrigerate so that it gels.
- To obtain a nice, clear jelly you have to boil slowly, with the pot almost covered.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.