- Preparation time: 20 minutes chilling time: 30 minutes baking time: 10 to 12 minutes per batch.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp Grated lemon rind
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or walnuts
- raspberry or strawbery jelly
- Cream margarine and Sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add egg, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and flatten.
- Refrigerate dough 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use a round 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out circles from dough.
- Cut out an inner circle with a smaller round cookie cutter from half of the circles to make a "cookie ring."
- Bake circles and rings until light golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Spread a small amount of jelly on each whole circle.
- Press a cookie ring on top of it.
- Shake the cookies one at a time in a bowl of Sugar to coat well.
- Store in a covered dish.
- Note: confectioners Sugar can be used to coat the cookies in place of granulated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.