That's a Chinese jellyfish recipe
- ½ lb jellyfish, shredded
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- The jellyfish comes dried so you need to rinse jellyfish well in cold running water, then drain to get rid of excess salt and to make sure it is clean.
- Then put it in a large heat resistant bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Leave your jellyfish in the water until tender (about fifteen or twenty minutes).
- Once tender, drain the hot water and again rinse the jellyfish in cold water, six or seven more times.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Now, in a large bowl mix the 3 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp white rice vinegar and 2 tsp of sugar in a small bowl.
- Put the jellyfish in the bowl with the other ingredients and ensure that it is well covered with the mixture.
- Let set for at least thirty minutes before serving.
- To serve garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serves 2 as a main entree. Enjoy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.