This red-hot, bold Jamaican barbecue sauce is made, mixed, and packed with authentic herbs, spices, sugar, and scallions, and soy sauce, and is simply great for meat and seafood. Hot sauce and onion powder occasionally work for this, too, as it delivers a great, flaming-hot flavor.
- ½ cup ground allspice or (⅓ cup Jamaican ground allspice)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- 4 to 6 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme or (2 tablespoons thyme leaves)
- 2 bunches scallions
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, dark or light only, to moisten
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- Put everything especially including hot sauce in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour or spoon contents from the spice-based marinade into the fresh container but reserve this in the refrigerator. Use on meat or seafood and for grilling and/or basting.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3 tablespoons