Makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 2-ounce jar chopped pimientos
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Season scallops with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook in oil in large skillet over high heat until golden brown. Remove; keep warm.
- Cook green peppers, onion, and garlic in same skillet until tender crisp.
- Add tomatoes and pimientos; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, paprika, saffron, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Add wine and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in scallops; sprinkle with parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.