- 29 oz canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 10 oz frozen green peas
- 10 oz frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup margarine
- dried basil
- 2 oz Pasta
- 2 oz spaghetti
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Squish tomatoes in bottom of 6 quart kettle.
- Add tomato sauce, vegetables, margarine and water.
- Season to taste with pepper, oregano, basil and salt (optional).
- Simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 2 hours.
- Add Pasta and spaghetti (which has been broken into 2-inch pieces) to soup.
- Cook uncovered 10-12 minutes, until Pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately or let stand over very low heat until ready to serve.
- Top with one tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.