In Romanian: Tort Joffre
- 10 oz / 300 g chocolate
- ½ cup milk
- 10 oz / 300 g butter
- 7 yolks
- 5 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Whip the egg whites with the sugar in a bowl placed in a larger one with boiling water.
- From this mixture, bake 5 sheets in the cake pan which was previously lightly waxed.
- Spread cream on the cold sheets, place one on top of the other and glaze with the same cream.
- For the cream, melt the chocolate in milk, let bubble for a minute or two, then refrigerate.
- In the meantime, beat the butter with the sugar, add the yolks, one by one, then gradually add the melted chocolate, mixing well, and the rum.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.