This is delicious with roasts and steaks. Nice company side dish.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 large onions
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices processed Swiss cheese, cut in pieces
- 6 slices buttered, dry French bread, cut in large cubes
- Cook onions in boiling water to cover for 10 – 12 minutes until tender but firm.
- At the same time, melt butter in saucepan; remove.
- Blend flour, salt and pepper; slowly stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until boils and thickens (1 minute boil).
- Stir in cheese; low heat until melted.
- Pour over onions and stir.
- Arrange bread cubes around edge.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.