Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- green cabbage, medium size to serve 4 to 6 people
- 1 to 1-1/2 pound ground Beef (or Turkey)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup cooked rice
- worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 to 2 crushed garlic cloves)
- 1/4 can tomato sauce
- Whole Onion rings
- Bacon (lean or Turkey)
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Boil and peel leaves off cabbage. Blend tomato sauce with ground Beef, raw egg, worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder/crushed garlic.
- Mix with equal amount of cooked rice.
- Put mixture into boiled cabbage leaves, packing it into a baking casserole dish (clear cover or foil over the top).
- Cover with balance of tomato sauce, then sliced whole Onion rings with Bacon strips on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the meat is browned and crisped on the top.
- Uncover to crisp the Bacon the last 15 minutes.
- Serve plain or with butter or sour cream (fat free).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.