Serves 6 people.
- 5 eggs
- 500 g of frozen (or fresh) spinach
- 2 frozen sheets of puff pastry
- 1 Onion
- 3 garlic cloves (you can use more if you really love garlic)
- olive oil (Spanish of course)
- 4 or 5 slices of Cheddar Cheese
- Bread crumbs
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave oven for 10 minutes in high.
- In the meantime slice the Onion thinly and fry it with olive oil with the garlic in a very hot frying pan until it gives that nice fried Onion smell (yes just before it burns itself away).
- Toss the defrosted spinach into the frying pan and add one of the eggs to this mixture, add 2 soup spoons of bread crumbs, and mix.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes in high.
- Using non-stick baking paper line the inside of the round baking tray (20 cm diameter will do).
- You might decide to have a glass (or 2) of a nice white or red wine, whislt you are doing this.
- Lay one sheet of the puff pastry on the tray and add the mixture of spinach, Onion and garlic.
- Break the rest of the eggs and put them on top of this mixture.
- Finally add the Cheese slices on top of the eggs.
- Cover this with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Cook for 35 minutes in a pre heated oven at 220 °C.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.