- 2 tbsp olive oil, good quality
- 1 cup diced zucchini squash
- ½ cup yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup eggplant with skin, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes, drained very well
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano, crushed with fingers
- ¼ tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 4 tbsp Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine, good quality
- 1½ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ¾ oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 lasagne noodles cooked and drained (use imported Italian if you can)
- 3 cups marinara sauce, homemade
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese , diced
- Béchamel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 5 quart dutch oven, heat oil.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Stir for a minute or two, add zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, eggplant and cook for 5–6 minutes.
- Keep stirring to prevent sticking.
- Stir in drained tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Add wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Spray an 12 x 8" lasagne size pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Blend well.
- Put a thin layer of marinara sauce in bottom of pan.
- Put 6 lasagne noodles on top of sauce.
- Layer with half the cheese mixture, half the ratatouille and the remaining cheese mixture.
- Cover with remaining 6 noodles.
- Add a very thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Pour prepared bechamel sauce over top.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove foil and let brown about 4–5 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.