- 250 g pork
- 250 g beef
- 2 litres water
- 1 whole hot pepper
- 500 g pigeon peas
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 medium onion
- 125 g Guinea corn
- 70 g butter
- Cut up meat, chop thyme, parsley and chives.
- Cook pork for 20 minutes then add beef, season with salt if fresh meat is used.
- Add pepper, peas and cook for 30 minutes or until peas is soft.
- Strain and reserve stock.
- Mince meat finely.
- Add peas and pound in a mortar or put in an electric blender.
- In a pot, add thyme, parsley, chives and onion to reserved liquid and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add guinea corn slowly and stir briskly for 10 minutes.
- Add meat and peas purée to pot and cook over low flame for 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.