- Serves: 4 – 6, approx £0.80 per portion
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 450 g lean pork or turkey mince,
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp allspice or cinnamon
- 100 ml cold water
- 2 large Bramley apples
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the pork or turkey mince with the sage, oregano, thyme, lemon zest and season well, then if necessary add a little of the beaten egg to bind together.
- Mould the mixture into eight patties, about 7cm diameter.
- Cook the patties in a non-stick frying pan with two tbsp of the olive oil, for 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Be careful not to let the outsides overcook before the middles are cooked right the way through.
- Place the other 2 tbsp of oil into a saucepan and heat gently.
- Add the spice, water and the chopped apples, and cook for 15 minutes until the apples are soft and pulpy and you have a nice thick stew.
- Finally, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Serve the patties with the spicy apple stew as a dipping sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.