Special note by Andy:
Try this one its very tasty and easy to make. Recipe can be doubled for a very large crowd or occasion. This was one of the last recipes given to me by my friend Marjorie Cottom who died of cancer in the year 2001.
- 4 lbs shredded cabbage
- ½ green pepper, shredded
- ½ sweet red pepper, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, shredded
- ½ white onion or red onion, shredded
- 3 fluid ounces apple cider vinegar
- 3 ounces French's prepared mustard
- 2 ounces ketchup
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 1 ounce Kraft Mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Shredd and toss all vegetables.
- In a saucepot over low heat, place in the ketchup, mustard, vinegar, mayo, sour cream, salt and pepper, (DO NOT ADD sugar as that is a last step).
- Bring all to a low boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour warm mixture onto all vegies, and toss well.
- Sprinkle the white sugar over top.
- Toss again well.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Note that the mustard and cayenne make this tangy and spicy, and give an orange colour apperance.
- This is very tasty for a BBQ, or large gatherings and I think you will get many compliments on this one.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.