Beer meat loaf
- Serves 4
- 2 pounds lean pork
- 1 pound smoked ham hocks
- 1½ cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs -- beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Have your butcher grind the pork and ham together.
- Mix well with the cracker crumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Form into a loaf.
- Roll in cheesecloth and tie the ends securely.
- Place in a kettle and add sufficient beer to cover the loaf.
- Simmer slowly for 2¼ hours.
- Very good served on thin-sliced open-faced sandwiches.
- Or serve with cole slaw, your favorite sharp cheese, pickled beets and potato salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.