After he perfected his original he made a crispy recipe that was marinated first then fried the conventional way. This one is double dunked into the coating to give it its great taste.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 fryer chickens cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
- 6 cups Crisco shortening
- 1 egg well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
- Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
- In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
- When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes. Release to manufacturer's instructions.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.