"Cheese zebras". The Dutch version of the finger sandwich. Great for tea parties.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks, boiled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or gouda cheese
- 4 thin slices dark pumpernickel bread
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Beat butter til soft.
- Add egg yolks, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, cheese, and mustard mix til smooth.
- Spread thick on slice of bread as thick as the bread.
- Top with bread and add another layer of spread, add bread on top.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and chill at least 2½ hours.
- Cut into ladyfinger sized strips.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.