- one (more or less) hot chile pepper, cleaned, seeds removed, chopped
- one medium Onion, chopped
- two to four tomatoes, thinly sliced
- juice or one or two lemons or limes, or a few tablespooons of vinegar
- up to one teaspoon salt
- fresh cilantro (coriander leaves, dhania), chopped
- one cucumber, peeled and sliced (optional)
- one small cabbage, shredded (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Toss to coat all ingredients with liquid.
- Set aside in a cool place for twenty to thirty minutes before serving.
- Consume within twelve hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.