Butter cream cake
- Makes 1
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour — sifted
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee extract
- almonds — chopped
- Beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, melted butter and the coffee extract, beating well with each addition.
- Pour into a small buttered square pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) ½ hour.
- When done, invert the pan on a cake rack and let cool.
- When the cake is cold cut it into two layers.
- Spread one with the filling and put the layers together; spread the rest of the filling over the top.
- Press chopped almonds lightly around the edge of the cake.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.