- one quart of cold water
- seeds from one or two cardamom pods
- three tablespoons freshly ground coffee beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Method 1. In a saucepan combine all ingredients. (Just water, cardamom seeds, and coffee for the basic brew.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and maintain at a low boil for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Method 2. Bring water and cardamom seeds to a boil. Keep on a low boil for ten minutes. Add coffee. Simmer for five minutes more. Add ground cardamom and ginger (if desired).
- Pour through a strainer into a coffeepot and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.