Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 2 cups
- ¼ cup grated onion, red, white, or yellow only (1 small)
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup olive or corn oil
- ¼ cup Kahlúa
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tbsp. dried oregano, crushed
- ¾ tbsp. dried basil, crushed
- ¾ tbsp. chili powder
- ¾ tbsp. salt
- ¼ tbsp. liquid smoke
- In a pan, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat, just until the onion is transparent.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to blend.
- Simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use as the all-purpose dip/barbecue sauce. Reserve the alcohol-based barbecue sauce in the refrigerator.
Servings: 4 cups