- 500 g beef
- beef bones
- root vegetables (parsley, carrots, celery stalk)
- ½ onion
- 2 liters water
- 250 milliliters cold water
For the soup body Edit
- 200 grams sautéed veal
- 1 roll
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- shot of heavy cream
- chopped parsley for garnish
- To begin, cube or mince the beef an add to 2 liters of cold water.
- Then stir in the beef bones, root vegetables and the ½ onion, bring to a boil an let simmer at least 1 ½ hours (should not exceed 2 hours).
- Let the soup cool and skim off the layer of fat.
- Add egg whites to 250 milliliters of cold water and stir well, incorporate into soup while stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil once again, and let simmer until the soup is clear.
- Strain through a cheese cloth or kitchen towel - season if necessary.
- In the meantime, prepare the body of the soup by mincing the veal together with a roll that has been lightly soaked in milk - combine with egg, egg yolks, spices and a shot of heavy cream and mix well.
- Grease a small pan with butter, sprinkle with bread crumbs and spread in the mixture to the thickness of 1" (about the width of a thumb).
- Preheat the oven between 350 – 400 °F and lightly bake approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove immediately from pan as soon as the mixture has cooled and cut out in any desired shape, diamonds or stars for example, and incorporate into soup.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.