- 3 cups flour
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- not quite ½ quart of milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 heaping tbsp lard
- confectioner's sugar
- Have ready a cast iron pot or a heavy pot.
- In a bowl mix the flour, 4 eggs, salt, milk and melted butter.
- Mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Melt the lard in the pot, get it very hot!.
- Pour in all the batter at once and cook it as a large pancake, over high heat.
- As it cooks lift up the edges of the pancake to let the uncooked batter flow underneath.
- When it is completely set, pull apart the pancake with the spatula and turn pieces over to cook on the other side.
- The pancake pieces should have some browned edges.
- This dish only takes a few minutes to make, but you must stay with it if you do not want to have charred pieces.
- Pile onto a serving dish, and sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.