Emperor's Omelette. Stewed fruit goes well with with.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- approx. ¼ l (8 fluid oz) milk or fresh cream
- 150 g (5 oz) flour
- 6 egg whites
- 50 g (2 oz) sugar
- 50 g (2 oz) butter
- 50 g (2 oz) raisins
- Mix milk, salt, yolks and flour into a batter.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, beat in sugar spoon by spoon.
- Fold egg whites into batter.
- Heat butter in a pan, pour in batter, sprinkle with raisins.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook app. 3 minutes. over a medium flame until brown underneath.
- Turn the omelette and cook the second side until brown.
- Tear the omelette with two forks into little pieces.
- Serve immediately dusted with sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.