Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cake of yeast
- warm water to dilute
- pinch of sugar
- approximately 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cold half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 3 ounces of butter
- 1 tablespoon of lard
- 7 cups of flour
- golden raisins to taste
- In a bowl, mix the yeast cake diluted in warm water, sugar and flour in a separate bowl, beat together the whole eggs, egg yolks sugar, half and half and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, butter and lard.
- Add to 7 cups of flour.
- Then add yeast mixture and then add egg and milk mixture.
- Knead well (about 10 minutes) let raise until doubled (about 2 hours).
- Divide into 6 equal parts (about 1 pound each).
- Roll out and dot with white raisins that have been soaked in water and drained (start with ¾ cup white raisins).
- Roll up and braid three strands together and put in greased loaf pan.
- Then roll up and braid the other three strands and put in greased loaf pan.
- Let raise again (approximately one hour to an hour and a half).
- Brush with beaten egg and sugar before baking at 350°F for about one hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.