- 5 medium shallots, minced
- 3 bunches kale, stemmed, rinsed well and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1½ cups Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 3 apples, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- In wok or large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add one-third of the sliced apples and one-third of the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in one-third of the kale; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Add ⅓ cup broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to large serving bowl, repeat twice, until all ingredients (except vinaigrette) are used.
- Add cranberry vinaigrette to cooked kale and toss until well coated.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.