Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 lbs meat
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup onion paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tspturmeric paste
- 1 tsp chile paste
- 2 tsp cumin paste
- 2 tbsp coriander paste
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 3 x 1" sticks cinnamon
- 3 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb potatoes
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients except potatoes with the meat and half of the oil.
- Cover the meat with an equal amounts of water and cook under medium heat.
- When the water has evaporated, stir fry the meat for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, and cut them into large pieces.
- Fry the potatoes in the rest of the oil until they start turning brown.
- Add the potatoes to the meat and stir fry them a bit longer, making sure that the potatoes and meat do not start breaking apart.
- After about 15 minutes, add a bit more water to dissolve the spices that may be sticking to the pot and cook covered in medium heat for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, keep covered on low heat for another few minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.