- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, sliced 2" thick
- 2 cups water
- 6 cloves
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cumin seeds
- 6 cardamoms, crushed
- salt to taste
- Divide each lamb slice into two pieces and bring lamb, water, cloves, and turmeric to a boil on high heat.
- Mix the fennel and ginger powders in the yogurt and add to the lamb.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Add salt, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Heat the butter, add cinnamon, cumin and cardamoms, fry and add to the lamb mixture.
- Cook lamb for another 10 minutes and serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.