- 450 g patna rice (excess starch washed off)
- 4 onions (large, sliced thinly)
- 3 garlic clove (sliced)
- 2 pieces cinnamon (soaked in hot water)
- 5 cardamoms (soaked in hot water)
- 50 g ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp fennel seed (soaked in hot water)
- 100 g ghee
- 2 litre coconut milk
- 2 curry leaves
- salt to season
- Crush the onions with ginger and half of the garlic.
- Put some water into it, cover and keep.
- Melt the ghee in a pot.
- Add in the water from soaked cinnamon, cardamom, and fennel seed into the pot and stir until all the water has evaporated.
- Add in the onions mix, garlic, cinnamon, cardamom into the ghee and fry until the onions are transparent.
- Add in the rice and fry until rice is slightly dried up.
- Add in the stock and seasoning.
- Stir once and bring to boil.
- When the water has boiled down to the top of the rice reduce the heat, cover the top of the pot.
- Simmer until all the water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir the rice after 10 minutes from removal from heat to separate the grains.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.