- ½ kg kanda
- 25 g tamarind
- a pinch of red coloring
- oil for frying
- 50 g peanuts
- 25 g black gram
- 6 green chilies
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 bunch of coriander and curry leaves
- 10 g mustard seeds
- 10 g cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- Peel the kanda and cut them into small pieces.
- Boil them in water for 10 minutes.
- Also add tamarind, salt, red color to the boiling water.
- When the pieces turn their color, remove from water and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry the pieces until golden brown.
- Remove the pieces and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, fry mustard and cumin seeds, black gram and peanuts.
- When they turn brown color, add green chilies, coriander powder, chili powder, cilantro, curry leaves, salt and the fried pieces.
- Fry for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve as a side dish with rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.