Kapenta is a perch-like fish found in the Zambezi and other rivers of Zambia. Serve with Nshima. Serves: 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and cut up
- 1 pound dried kapenta, washed well, or 1 pound fresh kapenta or Perch
For dried fish Edit
- Sauté onion in oil until it starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes and sauté another few minutes.
- Add dried kapenta and cook 5 to 7 minutes over a hot fire. water may be added if you prefer a wetter gravy.
For fresh fish Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.