- 4 pig's feet
- 3 lb neck bones or 3 lbs spare ribs
- 1 large onion
- 1 bud garlic
- 4 whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole peppers
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 qt sauerkraut
- ½ tsp caraway seed
- ½ minced apple
- 3 tbsp barley
- salt and pepper
- Split and chop the meat.
- Brown in lard and add the onion quarters, garlic, allspice, bay leaf, whole peppers, and celery seed.
- Season to taste.
- Cover meat with boiling water and cook until meat is half done.
- Remove a cup of the liquid for gravy.
- Add sauerkraut, caraway seeds, apple and barley and cook until meat is tender.
- Serve with Potato Dumplings and gravy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.