- 1 kg (2¼ lb) mutton or beef
- 200g (7 oz) rice
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 egg
- 4 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- pinch of black pepper and red chili pepper
- salt to taste
- Put the meat through a meat-grinder and combine well with rice, chopped onions, juice from sliced tomatoes, raw egg, salt and black pepper.
- Place head of cabbage in large pot with boiling water.
- Blanch about 5 minutes, remove from pot and arrange individual leave on your work surface.
- Put a fair amount of the meat filling on each leaf and roll up.
- Boil bones in soup kettle, adding salt, and a whole dried chile for seasoning.
- Pour strained broth just covering cabbage rolls, cover and cook about 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.