- 2 cups (5 dl) milk
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter
- ¼ cup (55 g) margarine
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- ¼ cup (½ dl) water, warm
- ¾ cup (1¾ dl) sugar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 while cardamom seeds, crushed
- 7 cups flour
- Scald milk.
- Add butter and margarine and let it melt until milk is slightly cooled.
- Soften yeast in warm water with 1 tablespoon of sugar added.
- In a large bowl add remaining sugar, salt, and cardamom.
- Pour in lukewarm milk mixture.
- Add yeast, and flour to make a stiff dough.
- Work thoroughly.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down and shape into balls.
- Place 1 inch (2½ cm) apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover with tea towel and let rise until double in bulk.
- Bake in 450°F (230°C) oven for 5 minutes.
- Brush with butter while still hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.