- Slice the ostrich steaks as finely as you can and marinate in the red wine and juniper berries on the fridge over night.
- Add the pumpkin and mealie meal to a pot, cover with water and boil for about 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is hot.
- Add more water if desired.
- When cooked pour-off any excess liquid and mash the pumpkin and mealie meal together.
- Meanwhile, add the onion to a pan and sweat in a little butter until just nut brown.
- Add the cream, white wine and green peppercorns and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Season and add a little arrowroot if the sauce is too thin for your taste.
- Finally cook the ostrich by flash-frying the meat in a pan.
- Do not over-cook as the meat will become very dry.
- To serve place the pumpkin mash in the centre of a plate, arrange the strips of ostrich meat around the outside and drizzle the cream sauce over the top.