This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Jacobs Estate in Mabank, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 10 medium potatoes well scrubbed
- 1 large white onion chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook potatoes in water until tender.
- While hot remove skins and set potatoes aside until cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Slice into a large bowl.
- Simmer onion in a saucepan with vinegar and water until tender.
- Pour over potatoes and allow to stand until cold.
- Do not mix or disturb the potatoes as they will crumble and become mushy.
- When potatoes are cool add oil, bacon, parsley, salt and pepper then toss gently to blend flavors.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.