- 3 tbsp lard or oil
- 675g/1 ½ lb Pork (leg or fillet), cubed
- 4 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato Paste
- 1 teasp paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 120ml/4fl.oz water
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Dry Wine
- Freshly chopped parsley to serve
- Heat the lard or oil in a large saucepan, add the meat and brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Re-heat the fat then add the leeks and onions and sauté, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, water, wine and the browned meat , mix well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook very gently for 2 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.