- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 1 roasting Chicken, jointed or 6 thighs or 750g fillets diced
- 3 tbsp Charmaine Solomon's
- Tandoori Tikka Marinade
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands or pinch of powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup tomato puree (not paste)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp finely shredded fresh ginger, optional
- 1/2 cup cream or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Rub Chicken with marinade and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the saffron strands in a dry pan for a minute, taking care not to burn them.
- Place on a saucer and crush with the back of a spoon, and dissolve in a tablespoon of hot water.
- Scrape excess marinade from Chicken and reserve.
- In a large frying pan heat the ghee and oil and fry the Chicken until lightly browned.
- Stir together remaining marinade, tomato puree, Sugar and dissolved saffron. Pour over the Chicken.
- Scatter shredded ginger into the pan, cover and simmer until Chicken is tender. Stir in cream and heat gently.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves before serving and saffron Pilau.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.