- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks, Skinned
- 4 Chicken Thighs, Skinned
- 5 oz Natural yogurt
- 4 tb Tikka curry Paste
- 2 tb sunflower oil
- 1 md Onion, Peeled, Thinly Sliced
- 1 clove garlic, Peeled and Crushed
- 1 ts Ground cumin
- 1 ts Chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 ts chilli Paste
- 4 tb chicken stock
- 2 tb ground almonds
- Cooked Pilau rice
- Slash Chicken at intervals and place in a bowl.
- Mix together yogurt and curry paste,
- then stir into Chicken, coating evenly.
- Cover and Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry Onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, ginger and chilli and cook gently for 1 minute.
- Add Chicken and fry gently, turning occasionally,for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in any remaining marinade with stock and
- ground almonds. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes,
- or until Chicken is cooked through. Add salt to taste.
- Scatter flaked almonds over Chicken and garnish with flat-leaf parsley.
- Serve Chicken with pilau rice, pickles and poppadoms.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.