kashmiri Meat balls
- 750 gms Lamb, lean (or mutton)
- 250 gms Lamb fat (less for the fatty Lamb available in the U.S.A.)
- 2 tsp. Cayenne
- 2 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 2 tsp. Kashmiri garam masala
- 1/2 C. yoghurt (Dahee)
- 2 Tbs. ghee
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 C. khoya
- 1 C. milk
- 2 tsp. pepper, black
- 4 cardamoms
- Chop the meat, fat, Cayenne, fennel, ginger, coriander, and 1 tsp. garam masala with a food processor. Keep chopping, adding a little yoghurt and ghee, until the meat is a smooth paste.
- Form into balls 1.5-2 inches in diameter.
- Heat remaining ghee in a pan. Add Sugar, khoya, yoghurt, garam masala, and salt to taste.
Pour in the milk, add the koftas, and simmer until the liquid evaporates and the koftas are very tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.