- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 onions, large, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- 12 peppercorns
- 6 cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 500 gms Lamb, cubed
- salt to taste
- 250 gms rice
- 1-2 Tbs Sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 Tbs. almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp saffron, soaked in 1/4 Tbs. milk
- 4 Tbs. ghii
- Make bouquet garni of onions, cinnamon, cloves, 8 peppercorns, 4 cardamoms, and coriander.
- Put bag of spices in a pan, add meat, salt, and enough water to cover. Cook until water reduces to half.
- Remove bag of spices and squeeze out the flavor.
- Add the Sugar and juice from 1/2 lemon; cook until liquid is syrupy.
- In another pan, boil the rice in water with the remaining spices and some salt until barely tender; drain.
- In a casserole, put a layer of rice, then the meat, then remaining rice.
- Pour saffron milk over top, sprinkle with nuts, cover tightly, bake like pullao (350 F for 30-45 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.