- 1/2 lb Pork cutlets or Chicken cutlets
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 slices ginger
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups panko
- 1/4 cup oil
- chopped scallions (to garnish)
- Prepare rice, set aside to keep warm.
- Simmer onions, broth, mirin, soy, and seasonings in a large pan over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a plate and pour panko in another plate.
- Dredge Pork in flour, dip into eggs, dip into panko then dip into eggs again and back into panko.
- Double dipping insures a nice crust.
- Cook in oil until browned on both sides, drain on paper towels.
- Dip cutlets into broth, warm for 1 minute, slice and serve over rice, ladle Onion broth over, sprinkle with scallions.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.