Meat broth with vegetables
- 500 g (18 oz) mutton or beef
- 500 g potatoes
- 400 g (14 oz) carrots
- 6 onions
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- bay leaf
- ½ bunch (½ oz) fresh coriander
- salt to taste
- Put cleaned and cut meat in pot with water.
- Bring to a boil and remove foam or scum from broth.
- Add whole peeled onions and carrots, quartered tomatoes, and spices.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Then add whole peeled potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender.
- In the final 3 – 4 minutes of cooking, add fresh coriander.
- Serve in kosas with freshly ground black pepper.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.