- 3 lb Lamb, cut from leg
- 2 sm Onion, finely-minced
- 4 lg garlic, cloves, fine-minced
- 2 lg shallot, minced
- 2 tb parsley, freshly-chopped
- 2 1/2 c pomegranate juice, unsweet.
- 4 tb corn oil
- 8 ds cayenne pepper
- Trim away all fat from meat. Cut into 2" chunks. Place in small bowl together with Onion, garlic, shallot, parsley, cayenne pepper and pomegranate juice. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove meat from marinade and pat dry. Skewer the meat, using four substantial skewers. Brush with oil. Broil under very high heat, turning often until done. Some prefer it slightly pink (12 minutes). Well done will take about 20 minutes. Remove from skewers and serve on a heated plate with kasha. VARIATIONS: Include 2 green peppers cut into 12 chunks, 4 tomatoes cut into quarters, and 4 small, white onions, peeled and cut in half. Skewer alternate chunks of vegetable and meat chunks. Proceed according to recipe.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.