- 1 bonga fish
- 6 white fish
- 2-4 Onion
- pepper, black and red
- 1 big Jumbo cube (bullion)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups small grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- bitter tomato
- Clean all the fish and add salt. (The bonga fish is to add flavour.)
- Start heating the oil in a deep pot.
- Chop up the Onion
- Prepare the "Nokas" as follows: pound pepper (red and black) together. Add 1/2 of the chopped Onion to the pounded #pepper mixture and continue to pound. Add 1 big jumbo. Set Nokas aside.
- Squish the tomatoes separately and add the other half of the chopped up Onion mix.
- Put cleaned fish in whole into the hot oil. oil should cover the fish about 1/2 of the way up.
- Sprinkle crushed tomatoes/oinion mixture onto the frying fish.
- Dilute the tomato paste with water until runny and add to frying fish.
- Don't stir the frying fish mixture but wait until the oil is red (from the tomato paste).
- Add 1 can of water to the fish.
- Add bitter tomato and pumpkin (choppped up into big pieces). Add salt to taste.
- Rinse rice off twice. Don't overwash.
- Put rice in metal collander over boiling mixture to steam. Seal gap with a rag.
- Take fish out and veggies when cooked. Set aside. Leave the broth in the pot.
- Add Nokas to the broth. Add steamed rice to finish cooking.
- Reduce heat. Cook rise until only oil is left.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.