- 1 tbl Salted butter
- 1 med Onion, chopped coarse
- 1 x clove garlic, minced
- 4 cup Fresh corn, (I usually substitute frozen corn)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 med tomato, chopped coarse
- 1 can (2-oz.) pimentos, drained and chopped coarse
- 1/2 tsp curry powder, (up to 1, to taste. I usually use the hot Asian curry powder)
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1/2 x lemon , juice of
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chinese parsley, minced.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Add the Onion and garlic and saute them until golden. Add the corn. Combine the cornstarch with 1 cup of the coconut milk, stirring well, then add it to the mixture along with the tomato,pimentos, curry, salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered, stirring often until the juice is absorbed. Add the remaining coconut milk and the lemon juice. Stir. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
- Serves 8 to 10.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.