- Bring water in a pan to a boil (about 4 Cups).
- Reduce heat to medium and put flour, gradually stirring until the consistency is stiff.
- Stir continuously, and cover for about 5 minutes.
- Stir again and form into a mound.
- The Ugali will be done when it pulls from the sides of the pan easily and does not stick. The finished product should look like stiff grits.
- Cover the pot with a plate and invert the pan so that the Ugali "drops" on the plate. Serve with meat stew.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.